Monday, September 12, 2011

International Food Festival

This will be a short post about last Thursday night. Every month (so I'm told) an international food festival is held on the fourth floor (my floor) for all international students and also local ones. Basically everyone claims a kitchen (there is one in every apartment) and makes a traditional dish from their country to share with others. The hall, which is rather small, is packed with tons of students pushing through to the next country. My kitchen featured Lithuanian cold beat soup, some German noodles and American "Texas" chili and cornbread.


The chili and cornbread was prepared by myself and three other Americans of whom I've become very fond. Alex(right) is from West Virginia and Steve and Brian (middle) are both from Maryland. There was really no reason for the yellow shirts, I suppose to be 'obnoxiously loud' Americans is what we decided? I'm really having a great time over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment